Thursday, July 22, 2004

Food for thought

Ok. So the world continues to spiral out of control. Taiwan and China look like they're about to go ape s%#t over each other and Singapore got dragged into the muck. Parti Islam Se-Malaysia's chief is in the hospital with a heart attack (I would get one too, if my party lost so badly). And the US Presidential Election gets tighter and closer everyday (I'm a Republican at heart, but with John Edwards on board, I'm leaning toward Kerry).

But of course, in Today, the big news is Milo is going to be drunk at the Sports School. Like as if school kids have never known Milo is a good drink. If only they had it in the US. I always remember after running cross-country got Milo to drink. Ice Cold Milo. That was the best incentive during Army days as well. Syrup drinks were good, but Ice Milo, fwah, that one can "chiong san chiong hai." I think Sports School shouldn't have wasted money hiring nutritionists to check it out, just watch the Milo commercials lah. People spend so much money to let you know, it's great for soccer and swimming. Maybe that's why Sport School's swim team no good, they didn't drink Milo, unlike ACS and RI.

I guess Today really has inane things to report. Like what Explorer Khoo is going to do next. Seriously, I didn't think the ferry service from Singapore to Batam was that bad. Must be trying to get out of work. "Eh, Khoo where you going?" "Training for my swim. So I take paid leave, and if I run out, you just give me more lah. "How can?" "Eh! Who put the Singapore flag on Everest, you or me?" Please Mr Khoo, go back to work and help contribute to our GDP and GNI. What are you going to do next? Swim the entire Pacific to California?

So now we have a new security coordination agency. But NSCS sounds weird. Sounds like enhanced NS. Anyway, I think it's a lousy name and more red tape for all the departments that fall under its purview. So now have to report both to boss and the NSCS boss. Then take leave ask which boss? Maybe can skive, by telling one boss you'll be at the other boss' place. Then go drink coffee and eat roti prata. Same time while eating can keep a close watch on any suspicious cars parked along Jalan Kayu (how about all of them, since their all illegally parked). Also can't be too sure if there aren't any terrorist eating prata too. I suggest they also stake out arcades. Must be careful of all those kids playing sniper type games and also those flying simulators. Think they training for terrorist attacks. Also must watch those people playing the truck simulator, later they drive truck into building. We must be vigilant. We should also go to schools and check out the chemistry students, later they learn to make bombs. Watch which kid has an evil gleam in the eye when they see the Sodium/Water combo. I think instead of sending the parking aunties and uncles to fine illegally parked cars, we should have the police tow it away and arrest the driver as a terrorist under the ISA. After a while in Whitley detention centre, you'll notice illegal parking will be reduced by 80% (I pulled that number out of my a@#). For that matter arrest anyone sitting at a void deck and charge them as terrorists. Soon no more teenagers making out in the void deck. Heh. Vigilance is important. Imagine:

"Hello. Police?"
"Yes, this is Coporal Tan. How can I help you?"
"There's this van parked downstairs my block. Been parked there for 10 minutes already."
"Ok ma'am. I'll send someone to check."
--- 5 minutes later ---
"Ma'am. It's just the mail van."
"No. I tell you suspicious. The guy is slotting stuff in mailboxes. Like terrorist. Maybe mail bomb."
Line goes dead on Police side...

Anyway, it's good to be vigilant, but let's not get out of hand. Just because a person of Arab or Malay descent is going to the airplane bathroom often doesn't mean he's a terrorist. He could just have stomach ache. So relax and stop buzzing the air hostess.

Alright time to skeedadle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home