Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Grumble Grumble

So I was listening to the online stream of Class 95 with Vernetta Lopez while I was working on some papers, and they were giving away tickets to some performance at Aphrodisiac. Now the entry age for men was 25 and ladies was 21, but the singer performing on that night was under 25. So does that mean he can't go in? If he can enter, how come I, age 24, can't go in? Isn't this unfair?

I remember a time when I was like 16 and we always knew that at 18, we could finally drink and go to clubs. You know all the stories your older cousins and more sneakier friends 9with fake IDs) tell you about. Of course once you reach 18, you learn that all clubs have raised the age for guys to 21. So now you can hold a bloody rifle and "die for your country," but God forbid you get to go into a club and drink and meet girls. Now of course for girls its 18. So all your JC classmates are off clubbing, while all the guys sit outside and drink Tiger (Yes there was a lot of Tiger Time).

Then you turn 21, but guess what they raise the age to 23 at all the hip clubs. So I'm stuck enjoying more time with Tiger. Of course I get to chabot to the USA and enjoy the varied nightlife. Sure the age of drinking is 21, but at least it is uniform all over. Lousy Singaporean club operators. Of course they complain that no business. Maybe if you LOWERED the BLOODY MINIMUM AGE, you'd get more business you a$@holes! Well so now I'm over the 23 mark, and yet more clubs have raised it to 25. What the F*@K?! Is there some sort of conspiracy agianst everyone born after 1980?

I swear when I turn 25, they'll raise the minimum age to 28 or something and when I'm 60 years old, the minimum age will be like 100 or something. Jeez...

Well back to the grind and keep on thinking of the US where at least I know I can enter any club at the age of 21.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home