Monday, July 26, 2004

Price Hikes

So the ERP at Fort Road has been raised by 50 cents to $1.50. So the Class 95 morning show crew were asking if motorists were paying for the Nicholl Highway crash which motorists had no control over. At the same time the gentry at Kallang on the PIE has been removed. So more jams on the PIE or pay like crazy on the ECP. I think it makes more sense to ride public transport to work. Now all we need to do is get rid of all those ugly Singaporeans.

Yesterday I was on my way back from work. So I was on Clementi headed towards Orchard to meet my friends for dinner. The trip to Raffles Place was alright, most of the people on the East - West line seem to be more polite or something (I ride that way home everyday). Anyway, I change at Raffles Place and I know it gets bloody crowded at City Hall, so I moved in to make way for people. But everyone else was cluster f*%king at the door. So it looks like Sardines at the door, while I had so much space I was wondering if I had BO. Anyway it gets progressively worse until Orchard, and after Somerset I wanted to go towards the exit, so I politely told this guy that I was headed for the door and if he could make way. But instead of just moving aside, he stared at me as if I was at fault for moving to the bloody door to get off at my bloody stop. Seriously, folks! Of course once the doors open at Orchard, there were these two ladies who just kept blocking me, so I had to use all the skills I picked up from American Football playing for my Fraternity team and also from Madden 2004. Felt like it too. I think after this, next season I'll be an amazing Running Back or Half Back. Even the nice Middle Eastern tourist couple knew how to get out of the way (I knew they were tourist coz' they kept checking the map, think they were trying to get to the Night Safari).

Maybe there should be an Ugly Singaporean Ban to go along with the Durian Ban and the no Food Ban. Talking about MRT, I was taking the train to Changi Airport and it occurred to me, why don't they extend it to Changi Village. My girlfriend, of course, said that no one wanted tourists to see Chao Recruits ( fresh NS boys who don't have to serve extra 6 months unlike me, bloody chao aquas) and Chao Aquas ( Cross-dressers and Transsexuals). But I thought it would be every recruits dream to have an MRT station at the Fast Craft Dock. Luckily during my Army days I live down the road, so I just take Bus Number 2 home.

Anyway Singapore Airport like a huge Mall. Think next time when my pals come to visit must show them Changi Airport first. I mean there's even a $10 haircut place near the T2 Skytrain. Even the Cold Storage downstairs of T2 stocks rice. I mean more than one brand of rice, so I'm guessing people travel all the way to the airport to buy rice. "Come to Singapore, stay at our Airport, that's all you need to see anyway." Uniquely Singaporean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home