Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Missed this

I missed this at the Straits Times webpage. It's actually quite funny.

The Chope-ing phenomena is quite interesting. Never seen tissue packets used before until recently when I went to meet some friends, who work at Shenton Way, for lunch at Lau Pa Sat.

It always surprises me that no one makes way for Ambulances. In the US, both sides of the road pull over just in case. I am so amazed at the lack of responsiveness in Singaporean drivers.

Think Singapore should rebrand itself, alongside with Uniquely Singaporean, as the "hubpolis" of the world.

The Johore Road one quite funny, plus I like the whole poster, think I'll print it out.

Milo... mmmm... I miss Milo a lot when I'm in the US. Now that's Uniquely Singaporean (or Malaysian or Southeast Asian).

Talking about Parking Wardens... I saw one waiting next to a car. Yup. Waiting for the coupon to expire. I thought that was quite mean, I guess there was probably only 5 minutes or something left, but still. They're evil I tell you. Not just the Aunties, but the Uncles too. They know when you cheat on the time, or when your coupon runs out. The one time you think it's ok, it's NOT! They're everywhere. Sometimes I think they use super advanced technology like cloaking and mind reading technology to know just when you decided to cheat on 5 minutes.

By the way, does anyone know why Talking Cock is down? I'm thinking maintenance, but maybe they're all on "holiday" at Whitley "resort centre."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home