Thursday, July 29, 2004

Really should pay attention

Man. I really should pay attention to the news. PAP is telling us that we have it good; every generation does that doesn't it? Yah, my maternal great grandfather came here on a boat, but my maternal grandfather went to school in a horse-drawn carriage. Siong meh? I go to school by bus. Yah, last time my paternal grandfather walk to school, but he lived next door. When I was in Secondary School I had to sit on MRT/SBS for 1 1/2 hours before getting home. Sure last time both my grandfathers didn't go to University, but they both got 'O' Levels, which meant they could be government clerks. My dad also only 'O' Levels but last time can find job in any MNC. Now I have BA also hard to find job. So who has it good? Last time got no AIDS and cancer not as prevalent, but got TB and no good medicine. But now also got incurable diseases and TB still around, plus now got SARS. So like that draw lah.

I think Minister Khaw and the older generation better stop telling us how good it is for us. We live in different times which call for different answers. Like that our ancestors had it worst than us. Live in caves and eat raw meat, no lights, no bus, no government. Siong lah. F#$king Bulls^&t. Nothing else better to talk about issit?

Lost roots and lost souls. Heh. Another push for bi-culturalists. So my roots where? Singapore. My soul? Catholic Church. So like that how? Help humanity or help my country? Sometimes my country to do things contrary to helping humanity? Minister Khaw, like that how?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home