Monday, August 02, 2004

Hogwarts ala Singapore

Ok. So one day me and my girlfriend were walking down Bugis Junction and we saw some kids with wind breakers on and she asked me if they were from RI. Being a good Catholic school boy I knew they were SJI and so I told her so. I also said that RI had a griffin in their crest like Gryffindor, since she's such a big Potterite and all.

This lead me to explain further by saying that Gryffindor has a Harry and so does RI (Harry Lee). Furthermore Harry has a lightning bolt as a identifier, so does Harry Lee (Men in White). This lead me to draw from my own experiences at Catholic High to say that Catholic High School boys are from Hufflepuff. We work hard, we have a sense of justice (Confucius and Christianity will do that to you) and we're loyal (we're either civil servants or secret society bosses). Ravenclaw was a bit of a toss up, but they're supposed to be quick witted and love learning, and so we eventually plumped for SJI, since I know many SJI boys who are funny and I suppose they do enjoy learning (I know, it's a stretch). I know these are all boy schools, but I know little of girl schools to make any comparison.

So who should be Slytherin. That was easy. The answer was ACS boys. They're smooth, cunning and a little oily. Doesn't mean they're all evil, but you get the idea.

Well that's it for the Houses of Hogwarts in Singapore. Hope you all liked this little tidbit from my weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home